Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh.
Humour lightens your burdens, inspires hope, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused and alert.
With so much power to heal, the ability to laugh easily and frequently is a tremendous resource for surmounting problems, enhancing your relationships, and supporting both physical and emotional health.
Laughter is good for your health
- Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
Online laughter sessions
I run regular online laughter sessions via Zoom. These sessions combine laughter with yogic breathing exercises.
It is a perfect way to laugh and get exercise at the same time, and it approaches laughter as a body exercise so it’s easy to laugh even if you’re depressed or in a bad mood.
- Mondays and Fridays 9am – 9.20am
- Sundays 10am – 10.30pm
- Monday 7pm Laughter mediation
You can find links to these sessions in my Facebook group
These are free, although donations are welcome via PayPal